KAAAMP Childcare Worker- PT, Non Exempt
Founded in 2004, Bay Area Parent Leadership Action Network (PLAN) works to empower parents to transform schools so that every child can access an excellent education. We train and organize parents to be leaders in their children’s education, because it takes engaged parents to turn struggling schools into thriving schools.
The child care worker is responsible for providing age appropriate recreational and educational activities for children at PLAN activities and assisting in maintaining a clean and safe learning environment for children. The child care worker is expected to participate in the creation and scheduling of child care activities.
- Provide age appropriate activities by working with individual or small groups of children (i.e., games, art, music, reading, outdoor recreation, educational videos, washing hands, etc.) for the purpose of reinforcing age appropriate learning concepts.
- Maintains program equipment and work areas for the purpose of ensuring availability of items and/or providing for a safe learning environment.
- Assists in preparing food for children, serves meals and refreshments to children and regulates rest periods when necessary.
- Provides positive role model for the purpose of modeling positive adult-child interactions for parents.
- Receives and delivers children directly from/to parents or authorized individuals for the purpose of ensuring safety of children and meeting the child care rules and regulations.
- Maintains frequent open communication with parents by keeping them informed of the program’s expectations, activities and their child’s progress.
- Reports any concerns or suspicion of abuse to supervisor. Must be willing to call in suspected abuse to appropriate authorities as position is a mandated reporter.
- Assists children with homework as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the child care program.
- Keeps accurate, up-to-date documentation on all children.
- Completes all paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assists with any and all data collection systems.
- Requires travel with children on trips, playgrounds, parks, etc.
- Other tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
- Associates required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum 1 year experience working with children in a daycare setting.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with basic computer operations
- CPR Certification (trained for infants to adults)
- Hours for each worker varies based on the need of the organization and based on the season.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit the following to the PLAN at email@example.com:
- Cover letter (no longer than 2 pages)
- 3 References (at least one parent/community member)
Deadline for Submission: October 20, 2017
Position Start: November 1, 2017
Position will remain open until filled